Wheat Growers Achieves Safety Award
Wheat Growers Receives Meritorious Achievement Award in Occupational Safety
(Sioux Falls, SD) --- When a cooperative has a “Commitment to a Positive Safety Culture” as a core value, positive things happen. One of the positive things that resulted from Wheat Growers’ commitment to a positive safety culture happened at the 2012 South Dakota Safety and Health Conference.
Wheat Growers’ received the Meritorious Achievement Award in Occupational Safety at the Governor’s Safety Awards luncheon. The award was the result of the Wheat Growers’ industry-leading success of preventing incidents from occurring.
“Wheat Growers employees strive to have the best safety performance in our grain and agronomy operations and this award is recognition for that effort,” said Beth Locken, Wheat Growers EHS Specialist. “Safety is a top priority throughout the Wheat Growers system and every employee takes an active role in making our workplace as safe as possible.” Continue Reading
At a Glance
- 37 locations
- 16,000 equity holders
- Marketing over 160 million bushels annually
- 5,400 active producer members
- Integrity in Business Dealings
- Provide Superior Service to Our Customers
- Focus on Present and Future Customer Needs
- Remain Financially Strong
- Maintain Progressive Leadership for Our Company
- Commitment to a Positive Safety Culture