DuPont Environment Respect Award
Wheat Growers’ Chamberlain location was named the National Environmental Respect Award winner for 2012 at a special ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Jim Banken, Chamberlain Location Manager, received the crystal trophy and also took part in a stewardship forum that featured speakers from CropLife America, The Fertilizer Institute and the Ag Retailers Association.
"I was humbled to receive the award on behalf of our location and our cooperative," Jim Banken said. "There were four other regional winners as well as ten other countries in the running for this award, so for Chamberlain to earn it was a tremendous honor."
The Environmental Respect Awards are sponsored by CropLife® magazine and DuPont Crop Protection. The awards are the agricultural industry's highest recognition for environmental stewardship among U.S. agricultural retailers. Click to continue reading article
At a Glance
- 37 locations
- 16,000 equity holders
- Marketing over 160 million bushels annually
- 5,400 active producer members
- Integrity in Business Dealings
- Provide Superior Service to Our Customers
- Focus on Present and Future Customer Needs
- Remain Financially Strong
- Maintain Progressive Leadership for Our Company
- Commitment to a Positive Safety Culture