Boards Approve Member Vote on Unification
We are pleased to share with you that the Boards of Directors for North Central Farmers Elevator and Wheat Growers have decided to proceed to a vote of the membership to unify the two cooperatives, under the terms and conditions of the Unification Agreement. If the Unification Agreement is approved by a majority of the members of both cooperatives, North Central Farmers Elevator and Wheat Growers would unify into one cooperative
The decision by the Boards to proceed to a vote of the membership follows our review of the thorough analysis and considerable member feedback that has been compiled during the past two weeks. We appreciate you taking the time to weigh in as part of the feedback process.
In the weeks ahead, we encourage you to learn more about the opportunities we’ve identified through the reexamination process. You are invited to attend an informational meeting during the weeks of August 21 and 28 (schedule with locations attached). Also for more insight, reach out to me or any board member, visit our website, and review the attached Q&A.
Ballots will be mailed to all members on August 29. Completed ballots can be submitted by:
- Must be received by Eide Bailly at or prior to 1:00 p.m. on September 28
- We strongly encourage members to deposit the ballot in the mail no later than September 18
Ballot box at a designated Wheat Growers or North Central Farmers Elevator location
- Must be received at or prior to 5:00 p.m. on September 27
Ballot box at the office of Eide Bailly, 24 2nd Ave SW, Aberdeen, SD 57401 (third-party auditor administering the vote)
- Must be received at or prior to 1:00 p.m. on September 28
- At the Special Meeting of the Members of Wheat Growers on September 28 at 3:00 p.m. at the Dakota Event Center, 720 Lamont Street South, Aberdeen, SD 57401
We value your continued business and encourage your participation in the information-sharing and voting processes. Every vote is important as we, all members together, determine the future of our strong, member-owned and controlled cooperative.
Board President, Wheat Growers
- Equipment for Sale
- New DP Program For Corn & Soybeans
- No Contracting Fees for Fall 2017
- Grain Marketing App
- Test Plot Results
- 2017 Annual Meeting
- Wheat Growers Welcomes AGP
- McLaughlin Bin Construction Timelapse
- Clemensen Named NCFC Director of the Year
- Notice of Unclaimed Property
- Now Accepting New Crop 2017 Xtend Soybeans
- Dicamba and Xtend Update
- Wheat Growers CEO Dale Locken to Retire
- WG News - Go Electronic!
- Zero Tolerance On Treated Seed In Grain
- Letter to Members
- Boards Approve Member Vote on Unification
- Unification Information
- Precision Summit