On Thursday, March 23, 2017, Wheat Growers will be hosting the 4th annual Generate workshop. This event will be held at the Wheat Growers Innovation Center beginning at 10:00 AM and concluding by 5:00 PM.
Topics covered will include:
- Building a Financial Database – Including Record Keeping Systems and an Overview of South Dakota Ag Financial Scorecard
- Farm Financial Benchmarks – Including Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Financial Analysis
- Are You a Low-Cost Producer? – Including Calculating a True Break Even and Rental Arrangements
- Utilizing Non-Farm Assets – Including Crop Insurance, Tax Management and USDA Programs
- Managing Producer Risk – Including Marketing Plans, Contract Options and Market Information
- Precision Ag Updates – Including MZB Product Updates, Nutrient Management Strategies, In-Season Imagery, Farm Analytics and the Big Picture in Ag Technology
Workshop attendance includes complimentary tickets to the Aberdeen Wings hockey game where the group will have the chance to mingle with MZB customers, Wheat Growers Board Members, Agronomists and Management. The hockey game begins at 7:15 PM and typically finished around 9:30 PM.
Please RSVP by March 17 by calling Beth Geary at 605-725-8390 or email her at email@example.com.
"I really enjoyed the Generate Workshop. It was a great opportunity to learn more about the business side of farming and how important it is to know the true picture of how your farm is sitting financially"
Alex -- Northville, SD
"I was very impressed with the Generate program, it was a lot of good information. I came back to the farm about 5 years ago and just wish I would have gone through the program sooner!"
Brad -- Webster, SD
Agriculture today has no "norm", everything seems to change year to year, if not day to day in some ways. Its increasingly difficult for producers, young and old, to retain everything that is going on. Generate is a great program for everyone. I believe even "seasoned' farmers/ranchers would have taken more than one bit of information away from this course. I really enjoyed the Managing Producer Risk section of the day! Wheat Growers really helped me understand the benefit of utilizing these tools in certain aspects of our operation. I feel I have a better understanding of the options available to us as growers to market, protect and manage our operations. The Generate workshop gave me an all-around look into every aspect of farming. It helped me to locate areas of our operation that we could improve in, not only in the field but in the office as well! I'm not a huge fan of sitting in the office all day, but Generate was by far the most informative, useful class I have ever attended. Thank you, Wheat Growers for caring about our future!
Brett -- Conde, SD
My husband and I have recently taken over a lot of the farming duties since my father passed away unexpectedly. He is responsible for the farming while I am responsible for the bookkeeping. When I saw that Wheat Growers was putting on a Generate Workshop for new farmers I knew this would be a perfect opportunity for us to learn more about a lot of the different areas of farming. The workshop did not disappoint! We got quality education in the areas of bookkeeping, taxes, marketing, and precision ag. The best part about it was that it was one day and with our busy schedules one day was perfect. In farming you have to wear many hats and knowledge is key to becoming successful. I feel that this workshop provided us with the tools that we will need to take the farm to the next level and make my father proud.
Lori & Cody --Warner, SD
- Equipment for Sale
- No Contracting Fees for Fall 2017
- Generate: Emerging Farm Leaders Workshop
- Grain Marketing App
- Test Plot Results
- 2017 Annual Meeting
- Wheat Growers Welcomes AGP
- McLaughlin Bin Construction Timelapse
- Clemensen Named NCFC Director of the Year
- Notice of Unclaimed Property
- Now Accepting New Crop 2017 Xtend Soybeans
- Dicamba and Xtend Update
- Dicamba Information Meetings
- Wheat Growers CEO Dale Locken to Retire