Future Agriculturalist Scholarship
|Wheat Growers is looking for passionate, driven, and future-oriented leaders that are willing to step up to the plate and meet the high demand of our growing and changing industry. Wheat Growers will be offering 4 scholarships throughout the year in the amount of $500 each.|
Scholarships will be distributed quarterly in the months of November, January, March, and May. To qualify, students must be in the graduating class of 2018, active members of a South Dakota or North Dakota FFA chapter, and entering a full-time undergraduate agricultural degree program at a 2 or 4 year post-secondary institution located in the states of South Dakota or North Dakota. Recipients will be asked to spend a day at the Wheat Growers headquarters for a visit to celebrate their achievement in May.
Click here to download the scholarship application.
Submit Scholarship Applications via email at email@example.com or by mail to:
Wheat Growers Scholarship Committee
Attn: Wheat Growers Communications Department
908 Lamont St. S
Aberdeen, SD 57401
All applicants are expected to read the terms and conditions outlined below prior to applying for the Wheat Growers Future Agriculturalist Scholarship. Upon submission, Wheat Growers will presume that all applicants have read, understood, and accepted the terms as they are below.
Wheat Growers reserves the right to modify or cancel any aspect of the Future Agriculturalist Scholarship Program and/or any related information contained in the Wheat Growers scholarship webpage (www.wheatgrowers.com/scholarships), in each case, without prior notice. Wheat Growers shall not be responsible, and specifically disclaims any responsibility, for the consequences of any such modification or cancelation. Wheat Growers also reserves the right to accept or deny (for any or no reason) any application for the Future Agriculturalist Scholarship, and has no obligation to grant a scholarship to any applicant, to renew any scholarship once it has been granted or to offer employment or an internship to any applicant.
ACCEPTING THE SCHOLARSHIP
Successful applicants of the Wheat Growers Future Agriculturalist Scholarship will receive an offer letter via email. The offer letter will outline how to accept, reject or, at the discretion of Wheat Growers, defer the scholarship. If a successful applicant does not respond to the scholarship offer by the date outlined in the offer letter, his/her scholarship will be rescinded.
CONDITIONS AND CRITERIA
Funding: Four (4) annual scholarships in amounts of up to $500 each.
- Scholarships are given on an annual basis and must be used only for the academic year immediately following the date of award (e.g., scholarships awarded in between Aug. 2017-May 2018 must be used for 2018-2019 academic year).
- Scholarships will be paid to the successful applicant via his or her university, college or other academic institution, as indicated in the application and will be dispersed through its financial aid office in accordance with its usual process. If the indicated post-secondary institution should change, the applicant must notify Wheat Growers prior to the beginning of the academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded on a one-time-only basis, and will not be eligible for re-application in following years.
- Individuals must be a current member of a South Dakota or North Dakota FFA Chapter
- Individuals who will be enrolled in a full-time, undergraduate degree program at a two-year or four-year university, college or technical/vocational institute/school located in the state of South Dakota or North Dakota during the upcoming academic year.
- Individuals must be pursuing a degree/program with an agricultural focus
- No minimum GPA
- U.S. citizen
- Complete Wheat Growers Future Agriculturalist Scholarship Application
Fill-in field for degree of study and university, college, technical/vocational school/institute
- If applicant has not been accepted into or chosen a specific area of study and/or specific post-secondary institution, the individual should indicate the area of study and/or post-secondary institution they plan on pursuing.
- Applicant photo (preferably a head shot)
Applications will be accepted quarterly according to these dates:
- August 1st - October 25th
- November 1st - December 25th
- January 1st - February 25th
- March 1st - April 25th
- Students who apply and are not selected will not have to re-apply and will automatically be considered for the quarters that follow. Ie. If a student applies during the Aug-Oct quarter and is not selected, he/she will automatically be considered for the Nov-Dec quarter and so on.
- Scholarship offer letters will be emailed to recipients no later than the last day of the month in which the selection takes place (November, January, March, May).
- Wheat Growers Future Agriculturalist Scholars will be announced via Wheat Grower's social media accounts after the recipient is notified.
- Recipients of the Wheat Growers Future Agriculturalist Scholarships will be invited to spend up to a day at Wheat Growers location in Aberdeen, SD. This visit is required and will take place during May (specific date TBD). Wheat Growers will work with scholarship recipients to determine mutually convenient visit dates.
It’s easy to apply:
Fill out the Future Agriculturalist Scholarship Application.
Attach a photo of yourself.
Submit via email or mail. See contact info below.