At Wheat Growers, we believe there’s nothing more important than safety.
Farming, grain and crop protection product handling, and agriprocessing – these can be hazardous jobs if safety isn’t made the top priority. That’s why, in 2010, Wheat Growers introduced BASE: Behaviors Achieving Safety Excellence. Essentially it’s a plan to enlist the eyes and ears of every Wheat Growers employee to observe how we work and make suggestions on ways to improve safety.
Wheat Growers is dedicated to providing the safest workplace possible for all our employees and member-owners.
Creating a Culture of Safety
- Vice President of Safety and Environmental Affairs, Bill Spreeman, who brings more than 30 years’ experience to the position.
- Designated area safety specialists to help carry safety initiatives throughout Wheat Growers' trade territory.
- Area safety specialists will utilize continuing education and safety training events across the entire organization to facilitate ongoing identification of safety strengths and areas for improvement.
At a Glance
- 39 locations
- 16,000 equity holders
- Marketing over 170 million bushels annually
- 5,400 active producer members
- Integrity in Business Dealings
- Provide Superior Service to Our Customers
- Focus on Present and Future Customer Needs
- Remain Financially Strong
- Maintain Progressive Leadership for Our Company
- Commitment to a Positive Safety Culture