About Wheat Growers
Wheat Growers is an innovative grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 5,400 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. Despite the name, our members now grow more corn and soybeans than they do wheat.
Wheat Growers markets approximately 160 million bushels annually – and has been serving member-owners with pride and integrity since 1923.
Wheat Growers is governed by a board of active producers elected to represent five districts, and backed by 45 delegates who serve as the liaison with the general membership. Cooperative headquarters are located in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
To provide, with integrity, our customers with reliable markets, services and quality products through a safety-oriented, profitable and innovative organization.
South Dakota Wheat Growers Cooperative promotes agricultural sustainability through the best applications of science and technology in an effort to assist farmers in the production of a safe, healthy and abundant supply of grain in an economically viable system.
At a Glance
- 39 locations
- 16,000 equity holders
- Marketing over 170 million bushels annually
- 5,400 active producer members
- Integrity in Business Dealings
- Provide Superior Service to Our Customers
- Focus on Present and Future Customer Needs
- Remain Financially Strong
- Maintain Progressive Leadership for Our Company
- Commitment to a Positive Safety Culture